We are very excited to announce that we have been given approval to open our doors for in-clinic physiotherapy sessions. The Ministry of Health and our regulatory College has recommended that we make every effort to treat people via telehealth or virtual appointments. We will continue to offer these virtual appointments for those who are appropriate. Our skilled therapists are very happy and excited to be able to treat you in person!
Although we are thrilled to be able to treat you in the clinic and in person, there are a few things that we ask in preparation for your next appointment:
- Patience and understanding as we navigate this new normal
- Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our patients and staff. We are excited to be back in the clinic, but we understand the risks of going out into the community and interacting closely. We strongly encourage you to consider your personal situation and what is right for you. You may want to try a Virtual Physiotherapy Appointment first. A combination of virtual and in-clinic sessions should also be considered. Please do not hesitate to ask about what is best for your particular situation.
- Try to maintain distance in the clinic and follow our new policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of you, our staff, and other patients.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, please call the clinic from your car when you arrive and wait in your car until instructed to enter the clinic (via text, phone call, or knock on window)
- When entering the clinic, please make use of our sanitation station: hand washing, screening post, and PPE
- We encourage ALL patients to wear their own mask to their appointment. If you do not have a mask, we will provide a mask to wear during the appointment. We will also have gloves and gowns available if necessary.
- You will be asked screening questions to ensure appropriateness for the appointment
- Your therapist will lead you to the treatment office where treatment will be completed and a plan will be developed. We ask that you book your appointments in blocks to limit contact and exposure at the front desk at each visit (For Example, if you require 1x/week for 4 weeks, please book all 4 appointments right away) or use our online booking to book your blocks.
- For payment, we strongly encourage e-transfer, credit or debit.
- To limit potential exposure and traffic, please use your bathroom at home before you come to the clinic to avoid using ours.
- If at all possible, please arrive to your appointment alone to limit the number of people in the clinic and waiting area. If you require assistance, please alert the office so we can prepare.
Helping to control the spread of COVID-19
At Cross Works Physiotherapy it is of utmost importance to protect the health and safety of our clients and staff. The following measures have been put in place to help control the spread of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
- Hand hygiene: Physiotherapists and support staff are expected to wash their hands and/or use appropriate grade hand sanitizer frequently and between interactions of each and every client.
- Use of personal protective equipment: vinyl gloves, masks, eye protection and gowns are available for both staff and clients to use in order to feel safe and protected in our clinic. Gloves will always be used during any needling technique or at the request of a client at any time.
- Cleaning, disinfecting, and/or sterilizing equipment: All equipment including but limited to:
- Treatment beds and pillows
- Front desk surfaces
- Computer and tablet surfaces
- Gym equipment
- Door handles
- Bathroom facilities
- Pens and clipboards
- Modality equipment: i.e. screens, knobs will be cleaned and disinfected after each use by either staff or client.
- Single-use equipment and modalities equipment: all electrodes will be single-client use only and the modality equipment will be thoroughly disinfected after each individual use.
- Safe management and disposal of waste and sharps: in each office there is a sharps disposal to be used whenever a needling procedure is involved. The clinic uses only single-use needles.
- Linen management: all of our towels are single use only before being laundered